[MUD-Dev] Re: Response (Was Re: MUD Design doc (long))

Fri Dec 18 19:51:59 CET 1998

[Ola Fosheim:]

 >But why bother the user with data that doesn't contain any valuable information?
 >What about not having any cluttering text response at all?  Of course, smelling
 >can be used for user-user communication so: "Ola smells your hair" makes sense in
 >the wider context...

Sure, you could have the generic action be to print nothing at all. That
may or may not be better than printing something terminally dumb like
"Huh?" or "I don't understand."

Personally, I don't think I'd like it - I want to see some feedback
from the system for all input actions, indicating that it has in fact
received and acted on my input.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation. - me

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA