[MUD-Dev] Re: More Laws, was Re: DIS: Client-Server vs Peer-to-Peer

Fri Dec 18 23:44:15 CET 1998

"Koster, Raph" wrote:

> "It's generally a bad idea to add in features designed to keep players
> from playing together."

Approx. Bartle's bad idea #4. Although I think his one is more or less like
this: It is a bad idea to build a MUD on a concept in which the goal is
easier to achieve by not talking/socializing.

> "Caveat: unless they are features that reinforce identity of the player
> or his group as separate from others (such as secret languages)."

Hmm.. Does this keep players from playing together?  Is there any
experiences with this? In some (noncommercial) games I think it does. The
ones where monster-players only speak a language which is incompatible with
hereos, but that is perhaps somewhat too hardcore RP...

Examples please! :)
--
Ola Fosheim Groestad,Norway      http://www.stud.ifi.uio.no/~olag/