[MUD-Dev] Version Control (was: DBs and Events)

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Sun Feb 15 22:01:02 CET 1998

coder at ibm.net wrote:

[skipped]
> I am becoming a fast fan of journalling versioning file systems.  These
> problems just disappear.

Can you please elaborate on that? Right now I'm trying to choose the
right one for UNIX project[s], so far figured out how to use RCS,
looking for information on CVS, know about anything else?

RCS is good enough, the only thing I haven't figured out yet is how to
allow multiple users to edit and compile the code with a minimum
overhead - the kind of people I'm dealing with is having difficulties
setting CLASSPATH...

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>