[MUD-Dev] Java and Javascript

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Feb 25 22:25:21 CET 1998

On 06:02 PM 2/25/98 +0000, I personally witnessed Jon A. Lambert jumping up
to say:

>I would bet that more than half of current mud players couldn't make
>a symlink if their life depended upon it, let alone a registry
>change.  Installation of a client should be totally automated.

Psst... does anyone else out there always need to run

ln -s x y
ls

...to see whether x or y is in the directory in order to determine what
order the symlink paramaters go in? I can never remember. Sometimes I
forget again within the hour and feel like a real moron. ;)

Some people I've talked to don't know what a symlink IS. In fact, my ISP's
*SysAdmin* didn't know the last time I called their tech support! And you
think PLAYERS will know? Please!