[MUD-Dev] request for comments (was: Mud-Dev FAQ)

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Mon Jan 5 08:32:19 CET 1998

Jon A. Lambert wrote:

>  Methods of handling coordinate spaces: neighborhoods, tree forms
>  R-Trees, R*-Trees, 3d arrays, Quad/Oct trees

What are R-Trees and R*-Trees?

>  Variations on event-driven design

Can you please elaborate on that?

>  Telnet protocol and terminal emulation

Have you implemented telnet yourself? I have a draft Java telnet
implementation, the concept is: you treat the telnet session object as a
container, and as soon as you add the telnet options to the container,
it starts to support them, and performs negotiations based on which
options have been added - you may want to take look at that

>  Design of Object IDs and Object ID recycling

???

>  Virtual rooms, virtual objects, virtual mobiles

???
>  Sending mail from within a mud server

SMTP?

>  Web vs. Telnet

Why not 'Web AND telnet'?

There were more interesting topics, but let's just make this a start :-)

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>