OT: Suomi Finland

Tue Jan 6 00:03:18 CET 1998

Mike Sellers <mike at online-alchemy.com> wrote:
>At 03:48 PM 12/27/97 PST8PDT, Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad wrote:
>>>This is relevant to one of social engineering experiments currently being
>>>promoted for RL: placing extremely cheap internet addressable video
>>>cameras in all public places, =20
>>
>>(Which are illegal in norway :-).  All video cameras should be placed
>>there for a (legal justifiable) reason and there should be a clearly
>>visible warning sign)
>
>Interesting -- the city that I've read about putting cameras up on every
>streetcorner to create a companion "virtual city" is Helsinki.  Just a
>couple of countries over. :) =20

Really?  Well, they are weird!  Another breed entirely. A very
masculine ideal. Ever heard of Finnish vodka? Had a Finnish guest
lecturer once, he insisted on talking in English, totally
incomprehensible.  Better than Finnish, of course, (Finnish is totally
weird, excellent for cursing, I better not... I don't think JCL will
approve.).  The weird thing is, his Swedish WAS comprehensible, but
English it was...

(Finland is not a scandinavian country methinks, but nordic, we stick
together because we used to be alone up here with the USSR. (We've got
some company now, with the 3 micros)

Ola.