[MUD-Dev] Races and stuff (was: FAQ)

Vadim Tkachenko vadimt at 4cs.com
Fri Jan 30 11:51:21 CET 1998

Marc Eyrignoux wrote:

[skipped as irrelevant to the topic]

> Server design:
>         - in C++
>         - using a relational database (surely MySQL)
>         - under Linux RedHat 5.0
>         - multi-threaded, event driven
>         - still only in project phase
>         - 1 world: small basic medieval-fantastic world, with basic races
> like elves, humans, orks...

Now, let's again chant: hate numbers 1,2,3; love numbers like x,y,z.

In this context, what is a definition of a race? Which properties are
specific for the <you-name-it-not-just-race>? How do I generalize that?

And, getting to a big picture, how do I put down in concrete the MUD
world object model?

I believe, once this task is done, it would be much simpler to design it
further, as well as implement.

--
Still alive and smile stays on,
Vadim Tkachenko <VadimT at 4CS.Com>