[MUD-Dev] Re: DevMUD considerations and the Halloween article

Alex Oren alexo at bigfoot.com
Wed Nov 4 12:25:23 CET 1998

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:09:23 -0800, Jon Leonard wrote:

} There are a few design decisions I'm aware of that have far-reaching impact
} on the VM design.  Some undecided ones that I'm aware of:

[...]

} Inheritance support:  Does the VM chase down an inheritance tree, or does
} 	the compiler take care of it?  Is there any inheritance at all?

Also:
- Single or multiple inheritance?
- Is dynamic inheritance (changing the inheritance tree at runtime) allowed?

} Thread model:  How do we deal with locking data structures, and what do we
} 	do about deadlocks?

JC has a working lockless scheme.  I'll let him provide the details if needed.

[...]

Have fun,
Alex.