[MUD-Dev] ADMIN: Attributions

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Tue Nov 10 16:16:51 CET 1998

Writing as list owner:

  Please keep an eye on your attributions -- a number of recent
messages have had missing or incompleat attributions for quoted
material.

Quuoting from http://www.kanga.nu/~petidomo/lists/mud-dev/#rules:

--<cut>--

     All quoted material must be attributed. For materials from
     other sources than the list, state the author and source. A
     reply to a post from the list must have at least the name of
     the original author if your mailer does not automatically
     prepend one. For example:

       [Bubba]
       >On  4 Jan 98 at 22:20, Boffo wrote:
       >> Buffy <Buffy at players-r-us,com> wrote:
       >>> I just found a neat way of handling newbie guides
       >>> at <URL:http://web.mud.com>
       >>
       >> Yes, that is neat!  I particularly like the talking
       >> sword.

       ...etc.

--<cut>--

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at kanga.nu