[MUD-Dev] Re: Room descriptions

Travis S. Casey efindel at io.com
Fri Oct 2 10:30:07 CEST 1998

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998 ApplePiMan at aol.com wrote:

> One problem I often see these days is that the emphasis on striving for
> total realism in a game's graphics works against the "believability" of
> the characters (whether PCs or NPCs) in the game.

I'd just like to say:  Yay!

I agree that trying for photo-realistic graphics isn't necessarily the
right way to go -- it can make things less believable instead of more, and
it requires more time to create, more processing power to animate
properly, and more storage or bandwidth.

And, while I'm at it, I'd like to reiterate that a graphical interface
doesn't have to be a 3D real-time animated interface.  Overhead views,
static pictures, etc., can be used as well.