[MUD-Dev] Re: META: Review of FAQ's Bio Section

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Tue Oct 13 11:40:30 CEST 1998

On Sun, 11 Oct 1998, Ling wrote:
> With the list not being as compact as during the invite-only days, I feel
> the Member's Bio section of the FAQ needs an overhaul. The original reason
> for that section's existance was to cull the number of questions
> pertaining each other's projects.

Only thought is that it's a bit long, and peppered with people that I'm
not sure I've ever even seen post here, and who certainly don't now.  I
would first cull down the entries to be a couple of lines each - just what
someone has worked on, maybe their main interests, and where they live.
In addition, if you feel like it, I think that trying to the keep the list
parred down to the 'core' members (ie, those that post all the time and
people might actually want to look up) is worthwhile.  Obviously this is
extremely subjective; I tend to think that folks that have been posting
consistently for a long time (Travis, Jon, Chris G.) should most
definitely be on the list, as well as those who are related to the admin
of the list (currently just JC and Ling the faq maintainer).  A few
members are worthy of being included simply because of their relative
fame; this includes Raph and Kirsten, Dr. Bartle, and all the M59 guys.

Another possibility that might actually be more interesting to newbies: a
list of muds created or run by listmembers.  This would include Legend,
UO, M59, ScryMUD, PennMUSH, and ... um, plenty of others, I'm sure.