[MUD-Dev] Re: Bruce Sterling on Virtual Community goals

Mon Oct 19 22:42:46 CEST 1998

 >> I'd be game to do an in-MUD programming language component, but I
 >> betcha few people would like the language (mostly strongly typed,
 >> syntax not at all like C, etc.)
 >
 >I'd be much more tempted to go with one of the several readily
 >available embeddable languages that is already out there (and
 >hopefully reasonably well tuned).  Python comes to mind as one
 >example -- just add in a coule default modules to handle your data
 >model and such trivia and you're away.

Perhaps, but that just shows you aren't a programming language geek
like me. Writing languages is *fun*. OK, so I'm wierd. My very brief
exposure to Python leaves me not too pleased with it - too OO! I'll
use OO when I judge it appropriate, not all the time (same problem
with Java, unfortunately). So shoot me! :-)

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA