[MUD-Dev] Re: Trusting the Client (Re: Laws of Online World

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 20 00:36:01 CEST 1998

On 19 Oct 98, Vadim Tkachenko wrote:
> Steve Sparks wrote:
> >
> > This is true, and the people who write the "crack" programs do you a
> > service sometimes but most of the time it disrupts normal play....whatever
> > thing might be....
>
> Now, back to school. What is a definition of a normal play?
>

>From the player's viewpoint:

Normal play is the way I play the game.  All others who play the
game differently are engaging in degrees of abnormal play.  Abnormal
play which irritates me is known as disruptive play.  Abnormal play
which I find offensive is known as harassment.  Abnormal play
which adversely affects my play is known as cheating.

It's pretty simple really.  ;)

--
--/*\ Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD     Internet:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com /*\--
--/*\ Mud Server Developer's Page <http://www.netcom.com/~jlsysinc> /*\--