[MUD-Dev] Re: Trusting the Client (Re: Laws of Online World D esign)

Koster Koster
Tue Oct 20 09:59:18 CEST 1998

Strict: play that obeys the intent of the rules created by the games'
designers.

Loose: whatever keeps the most players happy.

Crack programs break both of these. I have NEVER seen a game where
prevalence of hack programs was regarded as a good thing by either the
designers or the playerbase as a whole.

-Raph