[MUD-Dev] Re: evil - good realism

Wed Oct 21 22:28:58 CEST 1998

[Vladimir Prelovac:]

 >Ok, suppose I can say there will be !GOOD and !EVIL flags on things. But
 >its not realistic that evil necron would use templar's great sword
 >(although players would, because the sword is so great), or  elf wearing
 >orc leather jerkin of power.
 >
 >any thoughts?

It seems to me that it would only be magic or very special items that
would have their own alignment restrictions. A leather jacket is usually
just a leather jacket - it doesn't care who wears it. If, however, it
is the Leather Jacket of Demon Slaying, then it probably would be unwise
for a vampire to wear it. In fact, if a vampire got hold of it, the
best thing he could do would be to destroy it, or hide it really good.

Taking stuff from your opponent is often done to deny them the use of
it, rather than to get the use of it yourself.

--
Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA