[MUD-Dev] Re: PDMud thread summary

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Oct 22 20:46:50 CEST 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:58:13 -0400
Darrin Hyrup<shades at mythicgames.com> wrote:

> At 02:23 PM 10/22/98 -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:

> I've looked a bit at PRCS and Xdelta... they're rather interesting,
> but there isn't a whole lot of support out there for it yet, and it
> seems to still be under development.

Agreed, PRCS needs some maturing time.

> I hadn't heard of BitKeeper until your mention above.  I looked over
> what was there, and it looks really encouraging.  It too is still in
> development, but seems a better horse to back, IMO.

McVoy had a lot to do with SGI's build environment ("ptools"), which
in many ways is notably more flexible and capable than HP's fcs/kcs or
Sun's monstrosity.  BK's multiple workarea supports (something it
shares with SGI's ptools) seems particularly suited for this project.
I'll see if I can't get BitKeeper up and running on Kanga.Nu by
Monday.

>> Either way I have no problem with hosting a source repository on
>> Kanga,Nu, as well as more special-purpose mailing lists etc for
>> this effort.

> Great!  I was going to suggest that had you not mentioned it. :)

No worries.

J C Lawrence                               Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                             Internet: coder at kanga.nu