[MUD-Dev] Re: Recursive look

Brandon J. Rickman ashes at pc4.zennet.com
Fri Oct 23 14:04:15 CEST 1998

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Marian Griffith wrote:
> In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Wed 21 Oct, Ling wrote:
> > described on him will be low.  (recursive look algorithm would probably
> > randomly pick objects weighted towards whatever the player is paying
> > attention to and things that haven't been described yet - could code in a
> > special case statement whereby male speakers will stare at breasts but
> > that's probably too realistic)
>
> Don't you dare implementing the last thing! It is very annoying in real
> life and I could easily do without it in games, thank you very much!

Aw, Marian, you're no fun.

Besides, muds already objectify players, at least the characteristics that
are important to social interactions:

Bubba is here, idling.
Shoehorn is here, sleeping.

More possibilities:

Bubba the poor typist is here.
Pat is here, being sexually ambiguous.
Shoehorn, addicted and failing out of school, is always here.
%
Biff enters from the north, using a mud client.

- B