[MUD-Dev] Re: OT, kinda, but yay :)

Koster Koster
Fri Oct 23 16:22:47 CEST 1998

We licensed Systran's software, included a "language number" in all text
packets, and grab the destination language right from the Windows
language settings. It's not perfect, but it's good enough to get the
sense across. And it's VERY cool. Plus you can download additional
language pairs (like English-Spanish, which isn't on the CD) as they
become available.

Plus we got an exclusive license (heh heh).

> It also imposes certain kinds of structures on the internal
> workings of
> the mud.  It's no longer possible to create a room by just filling out
> the text descriptions, for example.

See my other reply. :)

-Raph