[MUD-Dev] Re: PDMud thread summary

ApplePiMan at aol.com ApplePiMan at aol.com
Fri Oct 23 19:50:09 CEST 1998

At 10/22/98 9:38 PM Chris Gray (cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA)
altered the fabric of reality by uttering:

>[Joachim Pileborg (The Arrow):]
>
> >However, among all the buzz-words and efficiency talk, there is one word I
> >miss:  simplicity.  Personally I think this project first of all should be
> >simple, and efficiency and modularization should come after that.  At leas
> >it should be so if we want this, I don't know waht to call it,
>"creation" ;)
> >to spread outside the little circle this list really is.
>
>Wise words. A lot of the talk flying around certainly has the smell of
>complexity attached to it. That is often an unfortunate consequence of
>"design by comittee". I too would advise trying very hard to keep things
>simple at the early stages - complexity will creep in all too quickly,
>despite any attempts to stamp it out.

Agreed. But I'm curious: where do you see unnecessary complexity in the
system as we've discussed it to date?

-Rick.

Rick Buck, President and CEO  <mailto:rlb at big-i.com>
Beyond Infinity Games, Inc.