[MUD-Dev] Re: Why did it take years?

Jo Dillon emily at thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk
Wed Oct 28 10:06:04 CET 1998

Adam Wiggins (adam at angel.com) spake thusly:

> down is *not* people not working.  It's failing to account for the
> sheer amount of /stuff/ that goes into a usable product.
[ Examples of writing telnet module, DB module etc snipped ]

  Of course, this is where DevMUD could win. We can do all these modules
in parallel as long as we agree on a way of linking them. In theory
anyway :) A modular plugin-based mud should help here in that it'll force
us to consider inter-module interfaces and divide the code into very
clear chunks that people can work on independently.

--
	Jo

Harmony - the project to create an LGPL Qt clone
http://harmony.ruhr.de