[MUD-Dev] Getting Started with Mud Server

Jo Dillon emily at thelonious.new.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 9 10:28:11 CEST 1999

Chris Gray (cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA) spake thusly:
> An offshoot mailing list, the dev-mud list, is a list devoted to the
> actual development of a server by a random group of people. It's been
> mostly dead since the new year, but if someone starts looking at it and
> posting, it'll likely pick up again. It's worth a try!

  We're here, honest! At the moment Jon Leonard is doing most of the work
and I'm kibbitzing with him on the mud (frost.slimy.com 2121) and doing
some work at home which I promise to merge in on Monday ;)
  Devmud's currently C and Unix flavoured, though I believe someone's done
some Windows work and I'm thinking about how to put C++ modules in (though
the inter-module interface will remain C for portability reasons).
We're planning to base the mud on DLL's for modularity.

--
	Jo

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu