[MUD-Dev] Virtual machine design

Wed Apr 21 19:20:40 CEST 1999

[Jon A. Lambert:]

 >I've been looking at ways to implement an iconicized language on top of my
 >existing model in order to make a user-friendly building/programming language.
 >The hard thing is getting out of this "programmer" mind-set.  I'll admit I had
 >some major difficulties with Toontalk, because I was thinking about what was
 >going on under the covers, rather than accepting the veneer as a 4-year old
 >might.

Another graphical programming system that is now widely available is
the software for the Lego Mindstorms system. I've seen it for about
half an hour, and concluded that I, as a programmer, wouldn't like it,
but lots of people seem able to do lots of stuff with it. Of course,
to be honest, another reason I'm not too interested is that its for
Windows only, although there are other non-graphical versions available
non-commercially.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu