[MUD-Dev] Capture of players. (was: Fair/Unfair? Scenarios)

Chris Lloyd crl199 at soton.ac.uk
Thu Dec 9 23:13:11 CET 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: mud-dev-admin at kanga.nu [mailto:mud-dev-admin at kanga.nu]On Behalf Of
Kr=E6n Munck
Sent: 09 December 1999 21:47
To: mud-dev at kanga.nu
Subject: [MUD-Dev] Capture of players. (was: Fair/Unfair? Scenarios)

>During this discussion I've been wondering: what about capture of PCs by
>PCs? Has anyone had any experiences with captivity for an extended perio=
of
>time?

No, but (oddly enough) someone else suggested it to me two days ago. The
thing is that being a slave to another character could rapidly become bor=
ing
for the servant. You would need some REALLY good incentive to allow yours=
elf
to be captured. Remember, the higher character has just killed the lower,
and they probably aren't best of friends. In addition, I think that any
potential master would have some disadvantage to this arrangement, to mak=
things even.

Chris

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu