[MUD-Dev] Biosystems (was Fair/Unfair? Scenarios)

Mik Clarke mikclrk at attglobal.net
Fri Dec 10 21:38:14 CET 1999

Richard Ross wrote:

> On the same lines, how about having realistic player biosystems.  I've
> played quite a few muds that either ignore food altogether (or just use it
> to heal players *shudder*), or have irritating "You are hungry." messages
> that don't mean anything (no game effect).

CthulhuMud has starvation, thirsty, intoxication, obesity and hangovers.
When short of food and drink you get weak (stat and ability penalties)
and you will eventually die from it.  Drink to much and you pass out,
and then get a hangover when you sober up.  Eat to much and you put on
weight.  There are also spells to make people thirsty or drunk...

Mik

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu