[MUD-Dev] Ideas for dynamic worlds

Joe Kingry jkingry at uwaterloo.ca
Sat Dec 11 15:49:16 CET 1999

Well not offering any great insight of my own, but I have read some on the
considerations one needs to take in moving to a size/co-ordinate based
system. These include distance of movement, building to scale, LOS
calculations and their load on the CPU (I remember reading about R-Tree's in
relation to this).  Most of what I've read has been on the adv-mud list.  I
went through it again some this afternoon and selected a few of the
posting's. There are at least three thread's on the issue through out the
archive you might want to peruse.

http://www.egroups.com/group/adv-mud/184.html?
http://www.egroups.com/group/adv-mud/87.html?
http://www.egroups.com/group/adv-mud/87.html?