[MUD-Dev] The grass is always greener in the other field

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Fri Dec 17 10:23:03 CET 1999

J C Lawrence wrote:
> Locked doors on houses were fine with percentage chances at picking
> the lock -- until someone noticed that even a 0.0001% chance
> requaled a ~100% given a pick-lock macro playing endlessly.

This is one reason I dislike random numbers. Ideally, I prefer a system
that would, at most, *appear* mostly random due to the number of factors
involved in calculating success. Of course, it's not always easy to come
up with reasonable formulae that make things variable enough.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu