[MUD-Dev] Proper liscense for MUD source? Perhaps not GPL... (fwd)

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Mon Dec 20 18:46:34 CET 1999

On Mon, 20 Dec 1999 19:43:13 -0700
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com> wrote:

> That said, a clause equating public connection to the code with
> binary release sounds quite fair, and I'd be interested to see
> such a clause (addition to the GPL I assume?) if you write one...

Such has been suggested on license-discuss (see
http://www.opensource.org/) more than once.  The trouble is that it
violates points 5, 6, and 9 of the Open Source Definition, as well
as violating various aspects of the Gnu Manifesto and RMS'es stated
intentions for it.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu