[MUD-Dev] Telnet Protocol and Winsocks

cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
Mon Dec 20 19:20:32 CET 1999

[J C Lawrence:]

> method  <method_e at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Does anyone have a recommendation for where I can find information
> > on = the Telnet protocol and more specifically programming it in
> > Win32 with = Winsocks?  Thanks
>
> The telnet protocol is documented in the relevent RFC's: 732, 764,
> and 854 IIRC.  There are also a variety of links to Win32
> programming under the Library at Kanga.Nu which you may find
> helpful.

Search the dev-mud archives on Kanga.Nu, too. You might find some
over-kill code there.

Note that code that works on a UNIX machine will work on Windows
as well - just add WSAStartup and WSAShutdown calls. You'll also
have to fiddle the error handling a bit, but other than that, its
pretty straightforward.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu