[MUD-Dev] Fair/Unfair? Scenarios (fwd)

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Tue Dec 21 10:31:13 CET 1999

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Quzah wrote:
> Old Timer: "People that go up north dissapear, youngster! Stay
>             away from them there caves!"
>
> Adventurer: "Hot damn, an adventure! I'll go see why people don't
>             come back from those caves! I'm a hero after all!"
>
> One instance comes to mind...
>
> Mud: DeathWish.
> Place: Rome, the coliseum, right above the lion's pit.
> The Text (pharaphrased):
>     "Below lies a den of fierce lions. You doubt you could survive."
> The player: Me.
> The command: "down"
> The result: DeathTrap. Lions ripped me to shreads. I was pissed.
> The reason: I like to explore. If there is a room, I'll go there.

Rome is a stock zone and, I'm guessing, can be found on several hundred
Circle-based MUDs.  Talking about the low quality of stock areas is probably
pointless: we already know that it is quite minimal. :)

I do, however, recall my first time in that very spot.  I believe my
thought was more along the lines of, "Lions!  Why, the lions in <some
other zone on that mud> were worth tons of experience, this'll be great!"

Splat.

Adam

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu