[MUD-Dev] Proper liscense for MUD source? Perhaps not GPL... (fwd)

Christopher Allen ChristopherA at skotos.net
Tue Dec 21 12:09:35 CET 1999

From: "J C Lawrence" <claw at cp.net> wrote:
> You might like to review the archives of the BitKeeper Licensing
> list at bitmover.com.  Similarly, he is not attempting an OpenSource
> license, and he shares some of your business concerns.

I looked through the bitmover site, and the bitkeeper subsite, and though I
can see discussion about their license at
<http://www.bitkeeper.com/bk15.html> <http://www.bitkeeper.com/free.html>
and pointers to articles about their licensing policy
<http://lwn.net/1999/features/BitKeeper.phtml>, and an overview of the
license <http://www.bitkeeper.com/license.html>, I can't seem to find an
actual copy of their license! Maybe it is in the software download itself,
which right now seems to require a password.

BTW, I'll start a licensing sub-topic for business of gaming in the Kanga-Nu
library and start populating it.

.. Christopher Allen                                 Skotos Tech Inc. ..
..                           1512 Walnut St., Berkeley, CA 94709-1513 ..
.. <http://www.Skotos.net>               o510/649-4030  f510/649-4034 ..

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu