[MUD-Dev] Proper liscense for MUD source? Perhaps not GPL... (fwd)

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed Dec 22 15:43:41 CET 1999

On Tue, 21 Dec 1999 12:09:35 -0800
Christopher Allen <ChristopherA at skotos.net> wrote:

> From: "J C Lawrence" <claw at cp.net> wrote:
>> You might like to review the archives of the BitKeeper Licensing
>> list at bitmover.com.  Similarly, he is not attempting an
>> OpenSource license, and he shares some of your business concerns.

> I looked through the bitmover site...
(...and didn't find it...)

Sorry about that.  Larry used to have the list archives up on his
FTP site (the base bk list is still there).  You can probably
retrieve the archives from majordomo at bitmover.com, but I haven't
tried.  If you can't retrieve anything from Majordomo, I'd suggest
dropping a note to Larry McVoy at lm at bitmover.com and asking him
directly.

> BTW, I'll start a licensing sub-topic for business of gaming in
> the Kanga-Nu library and start populating it.

I've approved the category and added a few references...

Note to self: Still have to get tha automatic email alerts into the
library.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu