[MUD-Dev] Collecting ideas for a MUD server... (fwd)

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Fri Dec 24 01:35:00 CET 1999

J C Lawrence wrote:
> >> Please be careful of the difference between "security" in any
> >> absolute sense, and a "reputation for security".

[me]
> > And also be careful with the difference between "reputation for
> > security" and "reputation for stability" :)

[jcl]
> Aaargh.  I'll confess that I've come to think of them as almost
> synonymous in a world of DoS attacks.

Indeed. There's overlap, of course, since much of the point of security
is to prevent damage to the system's ability to function. However,
security is a large area, and I was kinda hoping to stay out of that one
for the duration of this thread. In any event, driver malfunctions and
OS bugs are far less of a problem in Win2k than they have been in the
past.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu