[MUD-Dev] Re: pet peeves

diablo at best.com diablo at best.com
Thu Feb 11 16:43:31 CET 1999

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Koster, Raph wrote:

> I made a habit of trying to greet newbies at the gate, so to speak, and
> offering other mud developers tours of Legend. I think that is how I met at
> least three members of this list, actually. :) So don't discount it
> altogether.

Yes, I like to greet newbies too (although we get too many of them for me
to take the time to greet each and every one), and frankly if any of you
regular posters logged in and alerted me to the fact that I knew you from
this list, I'd be more than happy to talk to you out of role. I do not
like the endless stream of "I've got a diku I just put up!" followed by
babbling though, which seems to constitute the vast majority of these
incidents.
--matt