[MUD-Dev] Re: pet peeves

diablo at best.com diablo at best.com
Fri Feb 12 16:42:41 CET 1999

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> [...]

I'd have to say I disagree with this. I am going to make a generalized
statement here which pretty much guarantees I'll think of an exception as
soon as I send the e-mail, but in no thought-based field in the world do
the clueless advance the state of the art, whether it be literature, hard
sciences, social sciences, art, music, etc. Those who are not recognized
as experts or who are not respected by the establishment in that field
certainly make contributions, and sometimes very major ones (Einstein for
instance), but in no cases that I can think of (and that of course is a
fairly limited data set) do clueless people advance the state of the art.
I don't see why it should be any different with muds, although I can see
why it would take less experience to advance the state of the art in muds,
as it is not a particularly well-developed field.

--matt