[MUD-Dev] Re: MUD Design doc - Combat

Tue Jan 5 19:28:38 CET 1999

[James Wilson:]

 >I'm curious - has anyone implemented a system allowing variable levels of
 >combat detail ('brief-mode' vs 'verbose-mode', for instance)?

I've got a trivial one. In terse mode it doesn't show miss messages
(either way), and 'status' doesn't show your equipment, just stats.
Its main value is that of saving screen space when you are fighting
a bunch of little things.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation. - me

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA