[MUD-Dev] Re: Intelligent WebGlimpse archive searching at Kanga.Nu

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Fri Jan 8 16:18:18 CET 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: Marian Griffith <gryphon at iaehv.nl>
Date: Friday, January 08, 1999 3:11 PM
Subject: [MUD-Dev] Re: Intelligent WebGlimpse archive searching at Kanga.Nu

>would it by any chance be possible to translate this in
>something resembling english, please?

The rude and insensitive answer would be "No. If you don't understand it,
you don't need to know it." I'd hate getting an answer like that, so I won't
give one.

The more accurate and polite response is that this is just a way of doing
very specific and complicated searches so you get better results back from
the search engine. It seems to have been written for people who think grep
is too limited.

>Do I need to know about that?

Not if you don't have any problem getting the results you want back from the
search engine. Primarily, this is only really needed if you want to search
for very specific things. It's a good skill to have, but it isn't strictly
speaking necessary.