[MUD-Dev] Re: Levels versus Skills, who uses them and when.

J C Lawrence claw at under.engr.sgi.com
Wed Jan 13 15:19:50 CET 1999

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:35:13 -0800
Caliban Tiresias Darklock<caliban at darklock.com> wrote:

>> From: J C Lawrence

>> Currently it doesn't even compile.  What I have is a big pile of
>> poorly commented and badly designed source

> Wow, we're in almost exactly the same situation. I have 1.53 megs
> of DOS source that needs to be cleaned up, fixed, bootstrapped
> away from the commercial libraries it used to use, and forced to
> compile under Linux. How about you? ;)

Total source size is a bit tough to estimate (there's a lot of dead
code, possibly as high as 70), but I'd guess about the same or a
little more for the base server (an embarrasment of grotty riches in
the language and VM code I'm afraid, the DB and threading/event
engine are the only really clean bits), and then another 3Gig for
the base DB and other supports (possibly 80% dead code there).

Them's the rolls with experimentation toys.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
(Contractor)                             Internet: coder at kanga.nu
---------(*)                    Internet: claw at under.engr.sgi.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...