[MUD-Dev] Re: Levels versus Skills, who uses them and when.

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Fri Jan 15 21:01:10 CET 1999

In <URL:/archives/meow?group+local.muddev> on Fri 15 Jan, J C Lawrence wrote:

> Both are good ideas.  Another fillip I've long liked are failed
> spells.  Currently (most MUDs) failed spells either silently fizzle
> or merely drain the resources of the caster.  I'd like something
> more noticable than that:

[snipped some ways to make spell casting more .. adventurous]

> Just something to increase the risk of magic using, thus justifying
> increased cost and value of magic casters.

Holomud used to have something along these lines  with some types of
magic, though not for all spells, only for some exceptionally power-
full ones,  if I remember correctly.  I can not remember how well it
worked though.

Marian
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,