[MUD-Dev] Re: META: list "peerage"

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Jan 25 19:24:22 CET 1999

On 04:04 PM 1/25/99 -0600, I personally witnessed Holly Sommer jumping up
to say:

>But, being able to manage your own code is an IMPERATIVE part of running
>the game!

You still can. You just don't have to mess around for three weeks trying to
get the server to compile. The sysadmin does the initial build, and then
you're on your own. But at least you know all the variables and paths in
the makefile are correct, which is certainly a non-trivial benefit.

-----