[MUD-Dev] Re: META: list "peerage"

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Mon Jan 25 22:47:28 CET 1999

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> On 04:04 PM 1/25/99 -0600, I personally witnessed Holly Sommer jumping up
> to say:
> >
> >But, being able to manage your own code is an IMPERATIVE part of running
> >the game!
>
> You still can. You just don't have to mess around for three weeks trying to
> get the server to compile. The sysadmin does the initial build, and then
> you're on your own. But at least you know all the variables and paths in
> the makefile are correct, which is certainly a non-trivial benefit.

Still, if you can't figure out how to build the system, through reading
the code, and help files, then I kinda wonder how well you'll do at
adding anything of use to the server.  Of course, you could still
customize
the world, provided it already had OLC coded in it...

Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)