[MUD-Dev] Re: META: list "peerage"

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Tue Jan 26 13:01:14 CET 1999

On 1/26/99, at 10:11 AM, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

>I seem to recall that at least one person was going around reviewing MUDs
>once. I don't remember who it was or where they were, but I definitely
>recall that I had serious problems with their taste; it wasn't so much
that
>the reviews were bad, as that the reviews were specifically oriented
toward
>people who liked to play the same way the reviewer did. I had expected at
>least a cursory nod to impartiality. But I have this problem with most
>laypeople's reviews in general, whether they're reviewing software or
games
>or movies or books or what have you. The real irony is that these reviews
>are generally a response to the perception that existing reviewers -- if
>they exist -- are not appropriately considering their perspectives. Sort
of
>like starting a hate group because someone else started a hate group and
>hate groups are wrong.

Game Commando's do a quite good job of reviewing muds.  They do specific
reviews by the team at Game Commando's and they also allow players and
admins to write in their own reviews.  Gives an overall quite balanced
view.  Thier reviews, on the most part, are not that heavily biased.

http://www.gamecommandos.com

One of the admins of Game Commandos also did an interesting article on how
to write balanced and not too biased reviews for Imaginary Realities.

Fluffing where the wombles fly,
David.