[MUD-Dev] Re: Mud reviewing

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Wed Jan 27 23:21:39 CET 1999

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> From your own perspective, as a player, how long does it take you to decide
> whether a MUD is worth playing?

A better question might be "how long does it take you to decide whether a mud
is NOT worth playing?".

I log onto a mud, and play until I decide it isn't worth playing any more.  If
I don't quit after a couple of hours, I'll usually stay.  If the mud doesn't
grab my attention within the first couple of minutes I'll usually just leave.

Of course, I'm not a typical player - I rarely enjoy actual playing any more,
and am more likely to be captivated by impressive features than a playable
game.

KaVir.