[MUD-Dev] list of MUD platforms?

Ilya Ilya
Tue Jul 13 17:44:43 CEST 1999

On Tue, 13 Jul 1999 15:50:47 -0600 (MDT), Timothy O'Neill Dang wrote:

))
))We may be creating our own MUD for research purposes. Does anyone know of
))a reasonably comprehensive list of code bases, be they commercial, GPL, or
))other?
))
))It includes:
))MUD, AberMUD, LPMUD, DGD, DikuMUD, YAMA, UriMUD, Ogham, CircleMUD,
))AmigaMUD, Realms, TinyMUD, TinyMUCK v1.*, TinyMUSH, PennMUSH, AlloyMUSH,
))TinyMUCK v2.*, TinyMUSE, TinyMAGE, MUG, TeenyMUD, TinyMUX, UberMUD, MOO,
))LambdaMOO, SMUG, UnterMUD, Mordor, COOLMUD

Licenses are now being sold for DGD, by the way, for commercial use,
by Acuity.

The COLD code base seems alive too.  It's being used in a couple of successful
ventures, the best known to me being "The Eternal City."

TERRIS, an AOL-only game last I heard, was for sale at some point (licenses
to use it, that is).  I like the code base and had extensive talks with the
author.

You've left out MUD 2, which is alive and kicking. You left out the whole
DIKU tree I believe, latest among which are Smaug and Greed/Ultraenvy and
the like.  There's also Perl Mud.   And of course there's a great deal
more left out than just that.  I just had those on the top of my head,
so to speak.

The mud tree has many of the earlier entries -- ah! I got through.  It's at
http://camelot.cyburbia.net.au/~martin/cgi-bin/mud_tree.cgi.

))Timothy O'Neill Dang/Cretog8

Cheers,

Ilya