[MUD-Dev] Containing automation?

Andru Luvisi luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu
Tue Jul 20 14:15:06 CEST 1999

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Timothy O'Neill Dang wrote:
[snip]
> Actually, rather than having realistic economics to deter bots, I'm
> looking to deter bots in order to have realistic economics! We're looking
> at creating a game specifically for economic research. I'm concerned about
> bots because the possibility of automating production removes one of the
> main barriers to production--opportunity cost.
[snip]

I'd be very interested in seeing your work on this if/when you publish it.
I worked on a project called MudBank, in which the players ran banks in a
financial flow simulation.  The project is over, but the goods are at
http://www.sonoma.edu/projects/money/ .

andru
| Andru Luvisi                 | http://libweb.sonoma.edu/		 |
| Programmer/Analyst           |   Library Resources Online              |
| Sonoma State University      | http://www.belleprovence.com/		 |
| luvisi at andru.sonoma.edu      |   Textile imports from Provence, France |

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu