[MUD-Dev] injury-based combat

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Thu Jul 22 16:34:07 CEST 1999

Brian Carter wrote:
> limbs, i.e legs, arms, body etc.. If a limb recieves a certain amount of
> damage then it is inoperable. This has a nice side effect for dual wielding
> players should one arm fall off, and you should see a player trying to flee
> with a leg missing !!

One advantage here is that it gives players a chance to fight with
consequences besides outright death. After considering the different
attitudes people have when playing muds vs. tradewars, I came to the
conclusion that this is probably one reason why people take PK deaths so
seriously in muds. That, actually, was a big part of what motivated me
to consider an injury system.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu