[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Wed Jun 2 22:55:26 CEST 1999

[Caliban Tiresias Darklock:]

> Yes, there is, but if it looks like NLP then it better be NLP.

[Much snipped.]

My basic response here is: I disagree. Strongly. That's life, I guess!
The point behind making the input look like pidgin English is to make
life easier for those new to the MUD. If the entire world went by the
rule "if you can't do it perfectly then don't do it", we would still
be living in caves.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu