[MUD-Dev] Pay Muds & Free Muds - working together, or against each other?

Ross Nicoll rnicoll at lostics.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 05:38:02 CEST 1999

On Fri, 4 Jun 1999, Koster, Raph wrote:

> > In terms of advancing muds in general, what role do pay muds
> > play, and what role do free muds play?
> Hmm. If I had to list the most interesting things going on in muddom today
> that are actually running, I'd be having trouble listing any text muds that
> are contributing much right now. This may be because I am out of touch.
> Perhaps other list members can comment?
Calmar was the fastest MUD I've ever seen? The code is an mess, but I will
release it one day. Honest!

The next MUD. Hmm, I can't claim it will do anything drastically new.
Hopefully, what it does do, it will do well and in a neat way, but...
we'll see. I might give it a significantly above-normal parser,
actually...
--

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu