[MUD-Dev] realism

Miroslav Silovic silovic at zesoi.fer.hr
Tue Jun 8 09:16:21 CEST 1999

Matthew Mihaly <sarapis at achaea.com> writes:

> Why not look at a MUD as a game rather than a world though? Chess or
> Go are games, for isntance, and don't try to establish alternative
> worlds.

Because I don't have to. Being given a wide choice of free MUDs, I'll
pick those that attract me most. And if I wanted to play a game rather
than a world, I'd go for chess or go.

> >On a different thread, I'd rate Achaea's combat system at about 0.2
> >BattleTechs (seach Mudconnector for BattleTech 3065 or BT 3030 to find
> >out what I'm talking about). :)
>
> Well, that's wonderful, but having never really used Achaea's combat
> system (I'd recognize your name if you were good with it), I'd have
> to say your opinion on the matter is rather ill-informed.

I'm certain I've seen enough for the comparison. You'd have to know
the measuring unit to understand the issue.

Quests are kinda nicely done, though.

--
I refuse to use .sig

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu