[MUD-Dev] Gender and Mud Development (back on topic, some)

Koster Koster
Wed Jun 9 22:37:20 CEST 1999

My experience has been that players ASK to be allowed to make up their own
goals, but then find the game lacking in direction if they are actually
given that. They complain that the game doesn't offer enough to do in a
structured format. Ultimately, I think the right answer is to give the
freedom to make up your own goals, and to also offer as many different
ladders of achievement as you can, so that there are multiple types of
structured goals to reach for.

-Raph

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu