[MUD-Dev] Client-Server vs. Peer-to-Peer -- Implementing DIS on the Internet

Niklas Elmqvist d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se
Thu Jun 10 09:31:12 CEST 1999

On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 claw at kanga.nu wrote:

> A decent summary of an older thread here:
>
> http://artoo.hemmet.s-hem.chalmers.se/~crozius/resources/dis/cs-vs-ptp.html
>
> -<cut>-
>                  Client-Server vs. Peer-to-Peer
>
>                 Implementing DIS on the Internet
>
>             Niklas Elmqvist (d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se).

As you may have noticed, this document is not complete. Unfortunately, it
will probably never be, the reason being that my project proposal on this
subject was rejected (the supervisor had a pet project he wanted to pursue
instead). I *was* going to post it to MUD-Dev, but other things got in the
way (i.e. I forgot).

Thanks!

All comments, suggestions and corrections are of course welcome!

[snip]

> --
> J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
> ----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
> ...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

-- Niklas Elmqvist (d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se) ----------------------
  - "Pets are always a great help in times of stress. And in times
     of starvation too, o'course."
           -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu